Last updated: 16 March 2021. Please check back regularly for new information.
Can I book a ride through Careem to get tested for COVID-19?
We encourage you to book a ride through Careem to get to a testing facility (listed below) in these cases:
- You need to perform a routine test enforced by your employer;
- You need to get tested to travel;
- You don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but suspect you may have been in brief contact with someone that has tested positive.
Booking a ride through Careem will allow you to avoid contact with lots of other people on public transportation and minimize the risk of transmission. It will also allow you to skip the hassle with parking. Please make sure you follow Careem’s Covid 19 guidelines while using our services.
Please refrain from booking a ride through Careem if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19;
- You have been in close contact (less than 2 meters for a total of 15 minutes or more) with documented SARS-CoV-2 infection (this applies even if you do not have symptoms);
- You have been tested positive for COVID-19.
In any of these cases, call 16000. They will help you with organising the test.
How can I get tested for COVID-19?
Generally speaking, hospitals and other government healthcare institutions throughout the country serve as testing facilities for COVID-19 (testing centers are listed below).
When will I get the results?
This depends on the testing facility. Each facility is different and depending on where you decide to get tested the time your results take to arrive will vary. Generally speaking, QAT COVID-19 testing facilities take between 12 to 48 hours to share results.
What if the test is positive?
Follow the guidelines of your local health authority and quarantine yourself. If you need to go to the hospital, call 16000. Please do not book a ride through Careem or use public transport.
MoH (QAT Ministry of Health and Prevention)
WHO (World Health Organization)