A Careem charge was unsuccessful on your payment method leading to a negative balance on your Careem Pay Wallet.
The main reasons for this can be:
- Failed card payment (technical issue, insufficient fund, Apple Pay etc.)
- A booking cost was higher than the temporary hold amount and the difference could not be collected using Apple Pay
- Full booking cost not paid to the Captain
Note that when this happens, you may be unable to request a Careem service.
To get the details of outstanding balance:
- Select ‘CPay Wallet’ from the bottom bar on the app
- Scroll down and select ‘View all’ next to ‘Transactions’
- Click on the individual transaction to view its details
Ways to clear the outstanding balance:
- Book a cash ride and the outstanding amount will be added to your bill
- Add credit in your Pay Wallet with equal or higher amount
- Request credit from a family or friend