Careem loves its Customers, Captains, Colleagues and Communities. We all recognise Captains as our true warriors and trusted partners who move us, our kids, and possessions safely across hundreds of cities. To ensure an awesome experience for all of us, we ask our Customers to be mindful of the below in-ride policies:
Be Careem to your Captain
- Greet your Captain with a smile, and be respectful at all times
- Feel free to play your jam, but be mindful of loud music and conversations that may distract Captains while driving
Keep the cars fresh and clean
- Please avoid any form of littering, spilling food, banging car doors; this is unfair to the captain, the next customer and to Careem’s quality.
- If you must smoke, please do so outside a Careem car
*Car damages caused by Customers must be compensated by Customers
Ensure full and instant payment of your full fare - no delays!
- Cash payments: Keep enough cash and change ready in advance. Otherwise ask your Captain to stop by an ATM to ensure instant settlement
- Card payments: Ensure your debit/credit card is uploaded and valid
*Late payments and non settlement lead to unfortunate deactivation of Careem services.
Always add accurate pick up and drop off locations
- Use the GPS when possible and guide the Captain if your location is tricky
- Save your frequent pick up and drop-off locations in the app for smoother navigation
- If you have a preferred route, please inform the Captain in advance
Be ready on time, and avoid unnecessary cancellations
- Parking is a challenge, so try not to make the captain wait once they have arrived
- Be ready at pick-up point as soon as your captain arrives to avoid waiting and/ or cancellation charges. Captains have the right to cancel the ride after 5 -10 minutes of waiting time.
Appreciate your Captain for his service!
- Remember to take all your items as you exit the car. Incase you forget, don’t panic, our Captains are trustworthy and will deliver it to Careem
- Thank your Captain, and when satisfied, reward them with a 5 star rating and a tip!
- Remember to always rate your Captain fairly as it affects their earnings and rewards
*Ride fares, peak pricing, traffic, road closures, or weather conditions are not under their control
Prioritise safety and never engage in any illegal activities
- No alcohol or drugs. Ever!
- Do not ask your Captain to break any local laws. Ex. Speed limits or off limit parking
- Always wear your seatbelt, and remember that the passenger limit is equal to seatbelts in a car
- Be mindful of inappropriate language or offensive gestures
*Any reported cases for the above will be investigated and may lead to legal action*