Depending on the city in which you use Careem, your ride fare may be calculated upfront or after the ride ends.
The idea is that you always pay the amount which you see before your ride. This price is based on:
- Total trip time and distance from pickup to drop-off location
- Demand for that route
- Any applicable taxes, surcharges and fees.
Note that this price may change at the end of the ride based on:
- Any added stops or if drop-off is updated
- If the route of the trip changes due to traffic or road closures
- if the Captain waits longer than the initial grace period
When this happens, your final price is calculated based on the actual time and distance of the trip.
Some cities do not support upfront pricing.
In these cities, you’ll be charged based on:
- Time and distance for your trip's route including a base fare
- Booking fee, surcharges or tolls
- Selected car type
- Other factors such as peak pricing
Note that if you didn't add a drop-off when you made the booking, the final cost will also be calculated at the end of your ride.