In this article, we cover the following topics:
- How to report a lost item?
- How to get the item back?
How to report a lost item?
Go to the Careem app and follow the below steps:
- Select 'Car' on the app homepage
- Go to the side menu and select 'Your rides'
- From the 'History' tab, select the ride in which item was lost
- Select 'Report a problem'
- Select 'I lost an item'
- Tap on 'Message us' and provide all the details
How to get the item back?
n case the Captain has found your lost item, there are 2 options to get your item, according to the policy of the city where your item was lost.
A- Pickup item from the office
- Captain can drop the item to the Careem office and you can pick it up yourself
- The office address and working hours will be shared with you
- You will have to provide a valid ID card to collect the item
B- Get the item delivered
- Ask our team to deliver the item
- A booking will be created with the same Captain
- This booking will be charged to your account as a normal ride
Also, here is our storage & disposal policy for lost items:
- Valuable items (such as phones, cash, purse, ID documents etc.) and clothing items will be stored for 30 days only.
- Foodstuff and soiled articles will be disposed of immediately.
Note that Careem is not responsible for items left in a car after a ride. We'll try to help, but can't guarantee that a Captain has your item or can immediately deliver it to you.