For cancelling both NOW and LATER bookings, cancellation fees may apply to compensate the Captain.
When is a cancellation fee charged?
For NOW bookings:
- You can cancel a ride for free within 3 mins of booking it.
- If you cancel after 3 mins of the booking time, you will be charged a cancellation fee which will be the minimum fare of the ride.
- If you cancel the booking after Captain has arrived, you will be charged a cancellation fee which will be the minimum fare of the ride + any waiting charges
For LATER bookings:
- You can cancel a ride without a cancellation fee up to 60 minutes before your pickup time
- If you cancel after that or once Captain is assigned, you will be charged a cancellation fee which will be the minimum fare of the ride + any waiting charges (if applicable)
What if my Captain is not moving/asking me to cancel?
In such cases, it is suggested to reach out to us by following these steps for instant help.
- On the booking screen, scroll down and select ‘Need our help’
- Select the relevant option
- Select ‘Live chat’ and you will be connected to the team
What is the cancellation fee?
You can check the cancellation fee accordingly on the Careem app by following these steps:
- Select ‘Hala Taxi’ on the app
- Go to Menu and select ‘Help’
- Scroll to the FAQs and select ‘What are Careem’s rates?’
- You can find the pricing and cancellation fee here for all Hala Taxi and other car types for NOW and LATER rides