In this article, we are going to explain the possible scenarios for having a charge you don’t recognise.
1. It may be a temporary hold amount
When you book a service through Careem, our system may verify your payment method by attempting to hold an amount. This is a temporary authorisation hold and is not an actual charge. What happens is:
- An amount is put on hold on your payment method at the start of service
- At the end, the booking cost is deducted from the hold amount
- The difference amount is released right away
2. It may be a cancelled booking
If you cancelled a booking recently, you may get notified of a pending charge. The amount will be released shortly.
3. Other possibilities:
Check the following:
- Subscription renewal: Careem Plus, Careem Bike, Ride packages etc.
- Pending charge: Previously failed charge may have gone through
- Bank delay: Late deduction for a recent Careem service
- Friends or family: Someone requested a Careem service using your card/account
Compare your Careem transactions with card/bank statement
To see the details of your Careem charges, follow these steps:
- Select ‘CPay Wallet’ from the bottom bar on the app
- Scroll down and select ‘View all’ next to ‘Transactions’
- Click on the individual transaction to view its details
If you still don’t recognise the charge, you can contact us using the button below.